Welcome Back to 2018

 I chose this picture because I thought it was fun to see how others enjoyed the eclipse, just like I did. The photographer did a great job on getting everyone in the picture and balancing the image.

 I chose this picture because I think that being able to see what people were really going through is important. You can always agree that something is bad just by reading an article about it, but the most powerful stories include images of the event to allow the reader to fully comprehend what they just found out.

I chose this picture because it is really creative and technically strong. I thought it was cool how the photographer edited out the trees on the opposite side of the road, but still left a watermark. The optical illusion created is interesting and makes me want to keep staring at the photo.

1.
My favorite song released last year was by my favorite dancer Tate McRae, Hard To Find. I mostly liked this song because I've watched her videos for a long time, and seeing her being able to release songs that she wrote herself and worked really hard on makes me so happy for her.

2.
My favorite movie released last year was It. I liked this movie because it was really funny, but also terrifying. Most importantly, my favorite actor ever, Finn Wolfhard, who is also in Stranger Things, stars in the movie and really added character to the film.

3.
I would say that the person of the year would be Ellen DeGeneres because she is super funny and makes a difference in the community. She donated up to $75,000 for those affected by Hurricane Harvey in 2017 to help the victims start their lives again. This was very important because the hurricane destroyed many peoples belongings and homes, which left them with no option other than to start over.

4.
I would say that the #MeToo movement was the biggest of the year because it allowed a lot of women to stand up for themselves and promote gender equality. This was important because many women were being harassed and were too scared to speak out until people started to take action.

5.
My favorite entertainment person of the year would have to be Finn Wolfhard because he is a really good actor and overall a great person. He is really funny and did really well in Stranger Things, my favorite T.V. show.


1. Something that happened over winter break that was memorable was hanging out with my friends at Mozart's and playing old board games with them. This was really fun because I love board games and I missed hanging out with all of them.
2. My resolutions for the 2018 year are to be more organized and to really push myself with academics.
3. I am looking forward to a fresh start this year and traveling with my dance team.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO

Photo Manipulation and Ethics

The Big Day