Portraits and Self-Portraits Intro

1.  Looking off camera – have your subject focus their attention on something unseen and outside the field of view of your camera. This can create a feeling of candidness and also create a little intrigue and interest as the viewer of the shot wonders what they are looking at.


2. Experiment with Lighting Another element of randomness that you can introduce to your portraits is the way that you light them. There are almost unlimited possibilities when it comes to using light in portraits. Side-lighting can create mood, backlighting and silhouetting your subject to hide their features can be powerful.

3. A mirror or some other reflective surface offers an even easier way to take a self-portrait. In most cases, the camera will be included in the scene (but this can help make a statement about your enthusiasm for photography). You can use your camera as a prop, and hold it away from your face. 


Environmental Portrait
I liked this photo because it shows the man working on what i assume is one of his hobbies. It also shows him with a wall of tools behind him which tells me that he likes to work on building and creating things.
I like this picture because it shows the guy relaxing and taking a break. It looks like he just came back from a performance or practice because he still has his guitar next to him, so he might work at the coffee shop.

This time for the shoot I would like to take it in my favorite places to show off my personality more. I will change the subject to my sister this time because she likes to have her picture taken and will be happy to do it. I could take this picture on the walking trail around town lake or in my dance studio.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO

Photo Manipulation and Ethics

The Big Day