Earthquake Story


This morning at 8:12 AM PDT, a earthquake hit San Fransisco with a magnitude of 6.4 on the Richter scale.

The earthquake caused six injuries and two deaths after the McHenry's Auto Supply Shop on 2342 Plum St partially collapsed. Names have not yet been released.

Three of the six injuries were serious enough to require hospitalization.

"Of the three unfortunate people, I am sure their injuries will be able to make a full recovery," Doctor Luke Gerold told reporters. "Their injured are serious, but the breaks are clean and should be able to heal within a few months."

Local Thomas Harris has a broken ankle from carrying his daughter away from debris.

"I'm still in complete shock. The only thing that will make me feel better would be to know that my family is okay," Harris said.

Shop owner Gustav McHenry is devastated by the results of the storm.

"I saved everything to open that shop," said McHenry. "I can't believe my eyes. This just seems like a bad dream."

21 Hayward firefighters, 12 police, and five American Red Cross workers reached out to San Fransisco after the incident.

"We hope to be able to restore the city to it's original beauty," Red Cross worker Daniel Walker said. "I will do everything in my power to help these people out as much as I can."

Many residents are concerned about the aftermath of the storm.

"My yard is trashed from rubble and cement. I hope we can host a clean-up crew to fix our city," said resident April Truman.

People are coming in from all over to volunteer to rebuild the neighborhoods.

"I reached out to help immediately after I heard the news," Los Angeles resident Emily Richards said. "I am willing to help in any way I can. These people deserve it."


Word Count: 309


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO

Photo Manipulation and Ethics

The Big Day