Car Raid

A person’s car can reveal a lot about them. Whether it’s where they go throughout the day, what they eat, or what they bring with them on a daily basis, their car can tell a story about who they are as a person.

Emily Shymkiw, a college student at the University of Texas and a dance teacher at LoneStar Austin Dance Studio, has a very busy schedule.

“I spend most of my day in my car. I travel a lot from school to dance class, so my car holds a lot of the things I use throughout the day,” said Shymkiw.

Shymkiw likes to keep a clean car and uses essential oils and car fresheners to destress.

“I like to keep my car clean because it is less stressful and is calming for me. My favorite thing about my car is my car-freshener because I live the smell of it and it has a happy quote on it to keep me in a good mood,” said Shymkiw.

When inspecting her car, Shymkiw had a lot of gum containers and coffee cups in her car door.

“Coffee is one of the most important parts of my day,” said Shymkiw. “When you drink as much as I do you’ll need some gum to balance it out!”

Shymkiw got her car after graduating High School.

"Most of my friends got their cars sophomore year, but my family gives us a car as our graduation gift," said Shymkiw. "It took a little longer, but I didn't have to pay for it, so I have a little more spending money for my apartment and to splurge."

Shymkiw loves her car and appreciated the gift from her parents.

“Another gift I got from my parents was my specialized license plate. It says ‘Shym75’ on it to show my Rangerette line,” said Shymkiw.

Rangerettes are a prestigious drill team in Kilgore Texas.

“My car is really important to me, and them having my license plate show that special time of my life was really thoughtful of my parents,” said Shymkiw. “It really shows how much they care and makes my car feel more like me.”




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO

Photo Manipulation and Ethics

The Big Day